Saturday 26 June 2010

Go to gigs alone!

This is my new resolution that i'm going to implement wherever possible.

Being the lovely person that I am, I offered to do some promo for Twin Atlantic for their support slot with Gaslight Anthem at Birmingham Academy last week. To my surprise Sharks were first support. When I worked at In The City in Manchester last October I was repping for both these guy's gigs so I was pretty chuffed for them both to be playing.

I had a massive bag of free Twin Atlantic downloads and was trotting around the venue giving them out, chatting to people etc... So I get talking to a group of friends from Oxford that were up for a few days and I latched onto them for the evening. Being the local I showed them about a bit and just had a top evening. Had a little chat with Gaslight's sound engineer in The Victoria too and she was telling me loads of interesting things about Frank Turner.

My general point is that people you have known for a long time don't ask questions of you. They are used to your behaviour, know where you grew up, what school was like for you. I am in no way saying ditch your friends and just keep making new ones, just simply, once in a while, endeavour to meet some new people or your life will stagnate...

No comments: