Monday 6 December 2010

Frank Turner - Rock & Roll EP

Frank Turner released his new EP today. People (my mates especially) are probably a little fed up with how much I talk about the man but to be quite honest, I wouldn't have written any songs in the past three years if it wasn't for him so it's important.

I sat and listened through the short record this morning and tried to take in as much of it throughout the day as I could and admittedly, it's a slow burner. I felt like this with Poetry of The Deed though and after a few plays it was clear he had totally smashed it once more.

I could sit here and spout superlatives all night long about how great he is, but go and listen to him and you'll see for yourself. Go and see him and you will concede that the man has an adoring fanbase of guys and girls, young and old. Come this Sunday night, I will be singing back at the skinny wonder with 2000 others, and I can't fucking wait.

Go somewhere else for a review, I couldn't critique something that's so important to me. Don't listen to the NME though, they're just fucking idiots.

 

No comments: