Friday 3 December 2010

Im An Idiot / Listen to Beans On Toast

So last night (Thursday) I was due to see Billy Bragg. I took two days off work and headed back up to Birmingham on Wednesday night. Turns out Billy is playing NEXT Thursday which makes me a complete idiot but more importantly I chose that gig over Beans on Toast's album launch so I'm double gutted (and Villa lost to Blues and we lost the World Cup bid and it took me ages to get back to London). Gutted x 5. If you are not aware of Beans on Toast then I implore you to give him a crack. He has the groggiest voice you will ever hear on record but he sings in such an observational way he always brings a smile to my face. His new album "Writing on the Wall" came out yesterday, be sure to let me know what you think of it. I'll post on the Billy Bragg gig when I actually go to it...just to summarise, I'm a prick; listen to Beans on Toast.


No comments: